In the beginning…
Join us at Glebe as we explore the biblical account of creation along with creation stories from other cultures and religious traditions.
August 7th: Waters, Babylon – The Enuma Elish
- When on high no word was used for heaven,
- Nor below was firm ground called by name,
- Primeval Apsu was their progenitor,
- Matrix-Tiamat was she who bore them all,
- They were mingling their waters together,
- No lea was packed together, no canebrake matted close.
- When no gods at all had been brought forth,
- Nor called by names, none destinies ordained,
- Then were gods formed within these two.